The team at Aspirations Wealth recently attended Ozharvest and cooked up a storm for the needy. Ozharvest is the first perishable food rescue organisation in Australia collecting quality excess food from commercial outlets and delivering it, direct and free of charge, to 600 charities. This provides much needed assistance to vulnerable men, women and children across the country. We all had a great time and were proud to be able to give back to our community.
Food waste facts:
- – Australia produces enough food to feed approx. 60 million people, yet two million people still rely on food relief every year.
- – Approximately 8 to 10 billion dollars of food is wasted each year in commercial and residential waste.
- – Roughly one third of the food produced in the world for human consumption every year — approximately 1.3 billion tonnes — gets lost or wasted.
- – Australians throw out one out of every five shopping bags, which equates to $1,036 worth of groceries each year.
- – Nearly one million Aussie kids go without breakfast or bed without dinner!
If you wish to help you can visit www.ozharvest.org